Camp Laurel, Readfield Maine
It is no secret that one of the biggest challenges that faces Park Street families is finding time to be with other families who attend our church. Family Camp 2013 is designed to meet that challenge head-on! Traveling three hours north of Boston, we will return to New England’s Premiere Camp, Camp Laurel, located on Echo Lake in Readfield, ME for five days and four nights of sheer relaxation, recreation, and spiritual celebration. Camp Laurel is the perfect context for new friendships to develop and old friendships to deepen as we enjoy the fresh air of Maine, the roar of a nightly campfire, and the diverse recreational activities offered to us at our retreat center.
Theme: The Body | This fall we will be studying the letter to the Ephesians together as a church. One of the highlights of Paul’s message is reminding us that we are the body of Christ each possessing gifts and abilities that are unique and important. He says that we are to be about “Preparing God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ might be built up until we reach all unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” During Family Camp 2013, we will think about our gifts and abilities with which God has blessed us and how we might use them to bless others.
[FOOD & LODGING]
On Wednesday evening we will hold a BYOP dinner, “Bring Your Own Picnic” night. If you arrive by dinner on Wednesday, bring some food that you don’t have to cook as we eat together in the waterfront dining hall. Starting Thursday morning we will receive full service meals three times a day all the way through Sunday lunch prepared by an outstanding kitchen staff. Think about it...four days of top notch meals with no preparation or clean-up for your whole family!
There are about 100 units available all having sinks and toilets in them and approximately 70% which have showers in the cabins as well. The other 30 % have shower houses steps from the cabin.
Canoeing, kayaking, fishing, basketball, hiking, swimming, volleyball, 12 tennis courts, state-of-the-art gym, ping-pong, climbing wall, high ropes course, field sports, pontoon rides, square dance, and a high ropes course!
8:30 AM Breakfast
9:15 AM Morning Gathering
9:30 AM Family Groups
10:30 AM Free Time!
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Recreation & Specialized Activities
5:45 PM Dinner
6:45 PM Evening Gathering
8:00 PM Camp Fire
[COST & REGISTRATION]
Cost for 5 days, 4 nights:
$210: ages 18 & older
$190: ages 13-17
$170: ages 3–12
Free for ages 2 & under!
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is necessary to hold your reservation for Family Camp. You may pay only the deposit amount or you may pay the total cost now.
If you only pay the deposit amount when registering, please pay your final cost by check within one week of your registration and mail it to Park Street Church, 1 Park Street, Boston, MA 02108. Make your check out to "Park Street Church" and write "Family Camp 2012" on the memo line.
It is our goal to make it possible for every Park Street family to attend Family Camp. If you are in need of financial assistance in order to attend, please contact us at 617.523.3383 ext. 403 or email Kris Perkins.
The maximum amount a family has to pay is $900. If your total cost is over this amount, please only pay $900.
Download the PDF brochure here!
T: 617.523.3383 x403 | E: email@example.com