Evangelical. Congregational. International.
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
At Park Street Church we believe that ministering to the whole person is vital. Dr. Dan Verrengia, our minister of Pastoral Care, provides professional counseling, oversees our support groups/workshops as well as provides supervision for our trained care team volunteers.
The counseling ministry offers short-term counseling from a Christian worldview to church members and regular attendees. Dr. Verrengia is and ordained minister and licensed counselor.
We offer the following types of counseling:
- Individual Counseling
- Premarital Counseling
- Marital Counseling
- Referrals to other Christian counselors
- Contact: Counseling
We also work with affiliated ministies.
- A one-day workshop for those who are engaged or thinking about marriage. The next worshop will be held on March 11, 2017. Preregistration required.
- Contact: Premarital
Through our support groups we seek to “be the church” for those in the midst of specific life difficulties, through prayer, discussion and emotional support.
- DivorceCare (13 weeks) for all who are separated or divorced. Each Biblically-based session is self-contained. The Winter/Spring cycle will run from January 12 to April 6, 2017 at 6:30 PM.
- Contact: Divorce Care
Employment Search Support
- For all active job seekers who would like help in their job search. By appointment.
- Contact: Employment
You Are Not Alone (Infertility Issues)
- Empathy, prayer, and hope for those facing the distress from fertility related issues.
- Contact: Infertility
Boston Center for Pregnancy Choices, 75 Arlington Street Suite 500, Boston. Visit: Boston Center for Pregnancy Choices
- This Park Street partner ministry provides women and men with information needed to make informed decisions about unintended preganancy and/or sexual health and relationships.
- Contact: 617.742.9170 or Boston Center for Pregnancy Choices
Same Sex Attraction
Alive in Christ is a Christ-centered ministry that helps men and women who struggle with same-sex attraction find freedom. Visit: Alive in Christ
- Weekly support group for people over 18 and one-on-one mentoring for those under 18
- Support group for friends and family of those experiencing same sex attraction meets monthly
- Contact Alive in Christ (617.880.9099) or Chris Sherwood (617.523.3383 ext. 402).
Please visit our Visitation Ministry page for information on visitation, prayer, and Wings (practical helps).
For more information contact: Dan Verrengia
- ext. 251