Park Street School seeks a mission-driven Principal with visionary leadership, passion, and commitment, to join a strong administrative team. The Principal will be responsible for educational leadership, including instruction, curriculum, assessment, and professional development. The Principal will support personnel to provide the learning environment for student growth and development, both educationally and personally.
• Actively support the mission, vision, and promotion of Park Street School to the internal and external community
• Promote a positive and supportive climate that fosters academic success for all students
• Direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and specialists to support the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs affecting students’ success
• Oversee and assure the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive integrated curriculum and the implementation of student assessment
• Work with staff to plan, coordinate, and support special events and parent meetings
• Develop positive collaborative relationships between families, staff, school, and community
• Oversee faculty, including recruitment, selection, evaluation, supervision, retention, and dismissal
• Support and monitor the professional growth of teaching staff including professional development, staff observations, and staff communication
• Manage scheduling and program decisions
• Cultivate consistency among staff in enforcing the school-wide objectives and policies
• Help oversee school-wide strategic planning and problem solving
• Keep the head of school informed regarding student, parent and/or staff issues
• Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the head of school
• Stay current in educational practices
• Some night and weekend work required
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree is preferred
• At least 5 years of teaching; and 2 years of leadership/coaching is required
• Reflective practitioner who demonstrates continued growth professionally
• Dynamic instructional leadership with knowledge of how to effectively develop, implement, and integrate curriculum
• Experience using data and research to drive decision-making
• Commitment to 21st century learning skills for all students
• Knowledge and application of instructional technology
• Collaborative leadership style – committed to developing and supporting a collaborative culture
• Clearly and effectively communicates verbally and in writing
• Strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
• Strong organizational and management skills
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Belief and alignment with the Park Street School’s mission – a commitment to Christian education and academic excellence.
Interested candidates, please e-mail the following items to [email protected] with the position you are applying for in the “Subject Line”:
• A cover letter, current resume, and transcripts
• Three (3) professional references that can speak to your qualifications and experience(s) regarding this specific position
• Brief answers to the following:
o Describe your personal statement of faith and how you would integrate faith into your daily work responsibilities.
o What does “Christian education” mean to you and what motivates you to work in that specific environment?
Members and guests of Park Street Church may post help wanted, job descriptions or resume/looking messages. All messages must be approved by moderators before they will appear.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests