Thank you for your interest in working at Park Street School. Park Street School is a continuous, integrated Christian-based education for children, toddler through sixth grade, located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts. Exemplifying a Christian world view, Park Street School is an equal opportunity employer and is continuously striving to maintain a faculty and staff with varying backgrounds and cultural experiences.
Park Street School is grounded in a content-rich curriculum that lays a foundation of knowledge, built upon, and expanded in each grade. Our children engage in hands-on activities, learn to think creatively and solve problems methodically. Their growth as unique individuals – academically, spiritually, emotionally and physically – is fostered with intention in a nurturing environment. They develop a strong sense of self and place, learning to invest in their communities and the world around them.
Values that we hold high are trustworthiness, honesty, diligence, open communication, fairness, and politeness. All employees and volunteers at Park Street School work together to fulfill the school’s Mission Statement. We expect to employ professionals who will work beyond job descriptions, creating both a fulfilling career environment and very successful outcomes for our students.
We are reviewing applications for an Assistant to the Head of Schools for the 2019-20 school year. Reporting directly to the Head of School, the Assistant will provide a wide variety of administrative and secretarial support (often of a confidential nature) to the Head of School. This support includes communicating information on behalf of the Head of School to employees, parents, board members, and vendors. The Assistant will support the Head of School’s leadership role by maintaining an effective and well-organized office and by helping ensure efficient school operations.
The Assistant to the Head of School is responsible for helping coordinate meetings, all-school events, and special projects. This position interacts with a diverse group of important external and internal contacts at all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will possess the independent judgment and initiative required to plan, prioritize, and organize a varied and challenging workload.
• Communicates clearly and distributes information through a variety of mediums to school personnel, students, parents, alumni, neighborhood agencies, and others
• Organizes all aspects of preparation and communication related to Board meetings
• Coordinates school trips and manages all school events
• Prepares agenda for Head of School meetings, assures rooms are reserved for meetings, attends meetings as assigned for conveying and/or gathering information; keeps minutes at meetings
• Maintains the daily/weekly/monthly calendar of the Head of School to coordinate the scheduling of work-related appointments, activities, meetings, etc.
• Produces reports, presentations, and briefs; conducts research as directed
• Generates letters and mailings as needed
• Creates needed files, notebooks, and other material for the Head of School
• Maintains working documents and records for up-to-date reference
• Facilitates a welcoming atmosphere in the administrative office by attending to guest needs
• Responds to inquiries (including telephone calls) from students, alumni, parents and employees; provides information and facilitates communication and direction
• Takes an active role in the life of the school
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others; well-developed technological skills and working knowledge of personal computers, copiers, and multi-line phones as well as various software applications (i.e. Microsoft’s Office365, Google docs, PowerPoint, e-mail, database systems, calendars); expertise in working with diverse groups of people; the skill to accurately process paperwork and complete forms according to standardized procedures; the ability to maintain the confidentiality of information; and strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of five years of successful experience of an increasingly responsible nature as an administrative or executive assistant
• Experience as part of the administrative staff or faculty within the field of Education is beneficial but not required
Please contact [email protected] for more information. If you are interested in applying, please complete our Online Employment Application. https://forms.veracross.com/Forms/pss/ApplicationforEmployment/Personal.aspx. Be sure to upload a resume and cover letter when prompted.
Members and guests of Park Street Church may post help wanted, job descriptions or resume/looking messages. All messages must be approved by moderators before they will appear.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests