Looking for community-oriented roommates - Cambridge/Somerville

Have a house or a room? Need a house or a room? Post your availability or need here.
kfabian

Looking for community-oriented roommates - Cambridge/Somerville

Postby kfabian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Kimberly, and I'm hoping to find 2-3 other folks to look for new housing for Aug or Sept with in the Somerville/Cambridge area. I'm 26 and going to the Harvard Ed school this fall. I've been attending Reservoir Church for the past 2 years, and really love it. My dream would be to find other people who are interested in creating intentional community and a welcoming home that would be open to hosting community groups/bible studies/dinner parties/etc. I am queer and affirming, and it would be important for me to live with other folks who are affirming or supportive of those who are affirming as well.

I also a very sweet and friendly cat named Bunny, so would be looking to live with people who like cats and/or who have a cat who wants a friend :)

My budget is $800-$1200 a month, and I have a fairly severe mold allergy, so my #1 priority would be to find housing that is clean and in good condition, preferably on the top floor of a unit and with hardwood floors (less likely to have water damage/mold).

If this sounds like a good fit for you, please free to send me a message!

JeremiahAnthony

Re: Looking for community-oriented roommates - Cambridge/Somerville

Postby JeremiahAnthony » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi Kimberly!

My name is Jeremiah and I'll be a graduate student at Tufts this fall. I would like to find a place with a move-in date of August or September in the Somerville-Cambridge area as well. Your budget and mine are similar too.I love intentional community and creating a place where everyone feels loved and welcomed. I think hosting bible studies, dinner parties, movie nights, community groups, and all the other belonging events is fantastic. I have been a member of various GSAs so everyone will get all the affirmations and love from me. I don't have a cat, but I don't mind living with one! Do you have any place in mind? I have a few leads but nothing too advanced.

All the best,

Jeremiah Anthony

kfabian

Postby kfabian » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Hi Jeremiah, I'll send you a private message!

mearc

Postby mearc » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Hello Kimberly,

I am an incoming Masters of Architecture Student at MIT looking for a place to live for the 2019-2020 academic year.

I am quiet, personable, and laid back. I am clean and tidy, but I don't mind a space that feels lived in.
I am creative and adventurous, enjoying art, craft, building/making, outdoor activities and travel.
I will likely spend most of my time working at the MIT Architecture studios, with at-home time in the evenings.

Please let me know if you're still looking for roommates. I would love to talk about the possibility of living with you in the future! You can email me at [email protected].

Best,

Wilson Marshall.

Return to “Housing/Roommates”