looking for roommates for Somerville area

Have a house or a room? Need a house or a room? Post your availability or need here.
cdowns118

looking for roommates for Somerville area

Postby cdowns118 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm in the process of looking for housing in the Somerville area (also considering Cambridge, Arlington, Medford, and Malden), and also looking for roommates to share a home with. I've been looking at places on Craigslist, and am thinking that it might be better to find the right people first, and then find a place together. I have a flexible move-in date (any time between January and March).

A little bit about me:
- I'm in my mid-30s and am working as a school social worker north of Boston
- I am friendly, neat, and considerate as a roommate
- I stay pretty busy, but I like my home to be comfortable and cozy
- I like plants, baking, pottery, biking, and rock climbing

A little bit about what I'm looking for in a home:
- Walkability! (My work commute involves lots of driving, the dream is to walk/bike/take public transit on the weekends)
- Hardwood floors
- Natural light
- Outdoor space if possible, even if just a porch (but hoping for a yard)
- Housemates who are kind & considerate, who care about each other enough to ask about each other's days and enjoy occasional hang-outs

I'm looking to spend between $800-$950 a month, per person.

Let me know if you'd like to meet and talk about living together!

-Catharine

dcleveland

Re: looking for roommates for Somerville area

Postby dcleveland » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Catharine,

I don't know if you're still looking for a place to live, but a room in our apartment in East Cambridge recently opened up for $819. Here's the post my housemate put up with a few more details if you're interested. If so, we'd love for you to come by and chat in the next few days! If you're interested, you can email [email protected]. Hope to hear from you!

Drew

One room is available in a 6 bedroom, 2 floor apartment in East Cambridge.
-Furnished living room and kitchen (bedroom is not furnished)
-Laundry in unit (no charge)
-2 bathrooms

Spacious third floor bedroom with two windows and small porch. Comfortably fits a twin or full size bed, could fit a queen with less floor space. There is a small closet and space for a bookcase and dresser. Hardwood floors.

The house is in a great location, about an 8 minute walk to Kendall (Red line) and a 5 minute walk to Lechmere (Green line). Star Market is an easy walk for groceries. This is an excellent price for the location.

You would be living with 5 other Christian folks, in their mid 20's (4 women, 1 man). We run on different schedules, so the house never feels crowded. This is a friendly group that prioritizes respectful communication. We try to meet for a group dinner every couple weeks to check in.

If you're interested, please let me know a bit about yourself and include a time you can come by to see the space and meet potential roommates. Upon move in, will need first/last and a security deposit. This is a gem - great location, great price, great roommates!

hjones129

Postby hjones129 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Hi Catharine,

If you're still looking for potential roommates in the Somerville area, I'd be interested in chatting and maybe exploring potential apartments together! I currently live in Jamaica Plain but am hoping to move somewhere on the Red Line once my lease is up in April - so the latter part of your planned moving window coincides with when I'd be hoping to pin down a new place. (I'm also a school-based social worker, so depending on how much/little you like talking about work that could be a bonus or a total dealbreaker haha!)
Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like to set up a time to meet!

-Haven

shan22choice

Postby shan22choice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:29 am

Hello,

I am following up about the room for rent. Here is a little more about myself:

My name is Shaniqua Choice. My friends call me Niqua. I grew up in Boston. I completed my undergrad in western Massachusetts and my master's degree in Boston. I teach at a Charter School in Cambridge, MA. I currently live with my mother in Dorchester near Ashmont Station. I am a non smoker, who loves cats (does not own one).

Besides attending church at Jubilee Boston in Mattapan, my interests include history, cooking, exercising, traveling, dining out, reading, self-care, and hobbying. I am extroverted and enjoy building relationships with my roommates in addition to cohabitating. I have a big personality, but also have an appreciation for solitude.

My family has taught me how to clean very well. I have had multiple roommate experiences. All of which we shared cleaning responsibilities or grocery shopping etc. My communication style is direct. I like to be told specifically what will be asked and expected of me. I am very open to feedback and consider myself a good listener. I have always appreciated when my roommates and I would have house meetings in order to clear the air about changes and etc.

Please call me back at your earliest convenience. My number again is 617-680-9035

Return to “Housing/Roommates”