865/mo sublet room in JP apartment: Feb 2020!

Have a house or a room? Need a house or a room? Post your availability or need here.
lkrieger

865/mo sublet room in JP apartment: Feb 2020!

Postby lkrieger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:09 am

Hi!

I'm looking for a sublet for my room in a 4 bedroom house in Jamaica Plain, 10 mins walking distance to Green Street T. We're 20 mins walking from Centre St and Jamaica pond, about a mile from the Arnold Arboretum. It's a quiet dead end street close to Franklin Park & we have a super sweet neighborhood cat that hangs outside when the weather is nice. We are also close to Exodus Bagels & Turtleswamp Brewing which I have recently discovered and love. Current roommates are Christian women in mid twenties and early thirties, professionals with full lifestyles who attend both Park Street and Church of the Cross. We enjoy peace and quiet, a good cup of coffee or glass of wine, and having a few friends over on the weekend. The girls are the best. I'm sad to leave, but found an apartment with a location for me that I couldn't pass up.

The room is fairly large with a closet and 4 huge windows (2 look onto an empty lot with a huge tree that fills the room with green in the summer) with a small roof to climb onto :)

The room is $865 + utilities which end up around $50-65 a month. The girls have one shared tandem parking spot ($50/mo which we split) with our neighbors, but we are off of a quiet street where you can also always find a spot and you don't need a resident sticker. The apartment is large with two bathrooms, a living room, guest bedroom, and eat-in kitchen. The lease ends in August, I'm looking for someone to finish the lease August 31st. Flexible move-in date (preferably Feb 1, but anytime in Feb or March 1 is okay too). Comment with a short bio about yourself and email and I can send more details :)

Thanks!
Lillian

hjones129

Re: 865/mo sublet room in JP apartment: Feb 2020!

Postby hjones129 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi Lillian,

I'd love to hear more about this sublet! A little about me: I'm a 27 year old school-based social worker currently living in JP but looking for a short-term place to live once my current lease ends in April (hoping to get back onto a regular Sept-Aug Boston rental schedule or potentially buy if something comes on the market later in the summer). I'm pretty introverted and love reading/knitting/watching tv in my room after work to decompress after long days, but also enjoy baking, running around the arboretum, and spending time with friends on the weekends. I attend Reality Church in South Boston and am pretty invested in my community there. Ideally I wouldn't be hoping to move until late March or April, but I'd be willing to talk through dates if this otherwise sounds like a good fit. Feel free to reach out to me by email ([email protected]) if you'd like to discuss more!

Thanks!
Haven

jfitzgerald1092

Postby jfitzgerald1092 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 am

Hey Lillian,

I am super interested in your place! I am looking for a place Feb 1, so the timing works out well. I am currently a PhD student at Northeastern, graduating in May and staying in the Boston area at least through the summer. I have lived in Boston for about 5 years, and love the JP area! I am also a Christian, pretty laid back as a roomie, and super tidy. I’m introverted and appreciate a quiet space to recharge at the end of the day, but love exploring Boston and hanging out with friends on the weekends. I also love to bake and cook, and enjoy walking or jogging around JP pond when it’s nice out.

I am currently staying with a friend in Roslindale, but need to move out by Feb 15th at the latest. Would love to chat more if you think it would be a good fit! My email is [email protected]

elisa

Postby elisa » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi! My name is Elisa. I am a Christian female in my mid twenties. I am a full time teacher and M. Ed graduate student at BC. I love reading, writing, and fellowship. I can move in as soon as it is available. I also enjoy running and hiking. I used to work at a homeless shelter right near Exodus bagels! I would love to chat and see the room. My email is [email protected]

Return to “Housing/Roommates”