Seeking roommate for affordable 5 bedroom home in Dorchester for 2/1

Have a house or a room? Need a house or a room? Post your availability or need here.
Btrue2018

Seeking roommate for affordable 5 bedroom home in Dorchester for 2/1

Postby Btrue2018 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 pm

***Available February 1st***

We are seeking a Christian woman for a room available February 1st‬ in at our spacious 5 bedroom/2 bath Dorchester apartment. It’s the 2nd and 3rd floors of a Victorian triple decker house located near Franklin Park.
Rent is $408 month to month not including utilities (anywhere from $50 in summer to $120 during the coldest months) with free laundry in basement.

Your roommates will be four other Christians in their 20s-30s. We’re pretty laid back, and try to keep a good balance between downtime after work and socializing. We also have a cat named Zinga with a lot of personality who helps keep the pests away.

We enjoy having occasional apartment dinners and get togethers. Hospitality is a big value: We'd like our home to be a place that we feel very comfortable, and a place we are free to invite people to. Neighbors, Boston friends and old friends/visitors from out of town are all welcome as long as everyone feels safe and respected.

A few other details:

The house is about a 7 minute bus ride from the Forest Hills Station and 10 minute ride from Jackson Square (Orange lines), and 15-20 minutes from Andrews Station (Red line). Grove Hall shopping center (Stop n Shop, CVS, DD, BoA) is a 10 minute walk away. There are many buses and bus stops within one to three minutes walking distance from the house that will take you to the nearest T stop, The South Bay Mall (including a new amc movie theater!) or further into Boston. A really great food rescue grocery store, Daily Table, is nearby, as well as a yoga studio that is also very affordable and community oriented. There is no permit necessary for easy, free on-street parking next to the house.

Email Bethany ~ ‪[email protected]‬‬ if interested. Please tell me a little about yourself and what days you’re available to meet up! We look forward to getting to know you and showing you around.

shan22choice

Re: Seeking roommate for affordable 5 bedroom home in Dorchester for 2/1

Postby shan22choice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:16 am

Good Evening,

I am following up on the room for rent. Here is a little more about myself:

My name is Shaniqua Choice. My friends call me Niqua. I grew up in Boston. I completed my undergrad in western Massachusetts and my master's degree in Boston. I teach at a Charter School in Cambridge, MA. I currently live with my mother in Dorchester near Ashmont Station. I am a non-smoker, who loves cats (does not own one). My home Church is Jubilee Boston in Mattapan. I am a fairly active member and am currently looking to get more involved in ministry.

My interests include history, cooking, exercising, traveling, dining out, reading, self-care, and hobbying. I am extroverted and enjoy building relationships with my roommates in addition to cohabitating. I have a big personality, but also have an appreciation for solitude.

My family has taught me how to clean very well. I have had multiple roommate experiences. All of which we shared cleaning responsibilities or grocery shopping etc. My communication style is direct. I like to be told specifically what will be asked and expected of me. I am very open to feedback and consider myself a good listener. I have always appreciated when my roommates and I would have house meetings in order to clear the air about changes and etc.

Please call me back at your earliest convenience. My number again is 617-680-9035

Return to “Housing/Roommates”