Love Thy Neighbor
“Good morning! I, and my family really want to say a big thanks to you and your group for such a kind and compassionate hearts of your. May GOD, THE VERY PRESENT HELP IN TIME OF TROUBLES send help to you all in times of your needs in Jesus Mighty Name Amen. We appreciate you all. Thank you so much. God bless you really good in Jesus Mighty Name Amen 🙏 Thank you again and may you be always safe and have a marvelous day.”
A COVID-19 Positive Recipient of a Grocery Delivery
Who We Serve
MA-COVID-19 Collaborative at the Department of Public Health and Partner In Health notifies us when a person has been diagnosed as COVID-19 positive and has been placed in quarantine. When the person who has been diagnosed is also struggling with socio-economic limitations such as the absence of a social base or familial relations to support purchasing groceries for a 14 day period, then we receive their contact information. At this point, our team has 48 hours to contact our volunteers, receive confirmation that the volunteer can purchase groceries, and for the volunteer to both purchase and deliver the groceries.
In this initiative, we have partnered with Unite Boston’s Love Thy Neighbor Campaign. and with the MA department of Public Health. We thank God for these wonderful partners!
I have been witness to the glory of God as I have watched followers of Jesus respond in only a few hours and sometimes even minutes to requests to purchase and deliver groceries. They spend hundreds of dollars and then move into a place of some risk to offer love and comfort to someone who has just received a difficult diagnosis. I think what we do makes Jesus happy!
WEEKLY UPDATES July 27-31
- Praise God for 5 new volunteers this week!
- Our Project has 82 volunteers available from 11 churches
- 43 of our volunteers are from Park Street Church
- COVID-19 numbers have slowed to about one to two families per day
- COVID-19 helpers continue to bring beautiful cards and generous amounts of groceries
- Each family who receives groceries and a message of love will be touched by the Holy Spirit
- Each family who receives groceries will find joy and hope in the grocery delivery
- Each family who we serve will find hope and healing in Jesus Christ
- Each family who serves will be safe as they make deliveries
- Each family who serves will find joy in serving Jesus Christ
- Each family will be formed and shaped in the image of Christ through their service
A story shared by Ying – she and her family purchased and delivered groceries to a family in need. They have been checking in and following up since that delivery! “I do want to share our story with the family we got connected with but probably not identified by...
by Jennifer Powell As a former executive chef, Patrick Lynch knows quite a bit about food shopping, But he was still daunted by the challenge of getting enough of the right kinds of groceries for a family of seven he had never met and knew little about to survive for...
We hope you enjoy this 3 minute video of Hannah's volunteer journey. The song featured in the video is performed by Porter's Gate. It is called "He is Among Us." This song is used with permission. The lead singer, Isaac Wardell noted, when...
Returning August 14, City Engagement will host weekly Prayer Vigils each Friday from 6pm to midnite.
You can join for 6 minutes, 60 minutes, or 6 hours.
theme July 24
“Keeping in Step with the Spirit”
You may preview a sample Prayer Vigil Liturgy
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meetin