Evangelical. Congregational. International.
God instituted the family to help us understand the intimate relationships that exists between our heavenly Father and his children, and among us as brothers and sisters in Christ. We desire to be a church that strengthens and actively supports our families. By doing so, we honor God, uphold his creative order, and understand more deeply his love for his people.
What practice in our lives do we most want our children to imitate than our worship of God?
Far from a distraction, the presence of children in our corporate gatherings adds authenticity to our worship, and so we encourage children from age 3 years old and up to be present in the sanctuary for at least the beginning of our services. Children ages three to six may remain in the sanctuary for the entire service or are invited to attend our kid-friendly Children’s Church services that mirror elements of the sanctuary service.
Sunday Mornings and Evenings
We offer special settings for families with children of all ages, and for teenagers.
- Nursery care during all services - 8:30 AM, 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM - and during AM Christian Education classes
- Private nursing room with live streaming of the service
- Children's Church after the scripture reading at all three services
- Cherub Choir during the 8:30 AM Children's Church
- Children's Choir during the 8:30 AM service
- Christian Education classes, broken down by age groups, between the AM services
- Excellent training and supervision for volunteers
- Support for children with disabilities
- Accommodations for children with severe allergies
For more details go to:
If your children are in Grades 7 to 12, please see our Youth Ministry page.
We seek to create times for families and children to get together, have fun and share their lives beyond Sundays.
Friday Night Live!
Friday nights during the school year are special as children gather in fellowship groups from 7:00 - 9:00 PM. This gives parents some much-needed date time as a couple. No sign-ups or registration necessary—just come as you are!
- Friday Night Nursery: Ages 0–3
- LTL Kids: Ages 3–6
- Friday Night Kids: Grades 1–3
- Tweens: Grades 4–6
- Friday Night Youth: Grades 7–12
Park Street Metro-North Playgroup
Families with children up through elementary school aged meet 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at various homes, usually in neighborhoods north of Boston; contact email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities Abound
We happily serve more than 275 families and seek volunteers to train for all programs.
- For nursery aged children: Nursery Director Stephanie Verrengia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For children's programs: Children's Director Kristina Johnson, email@example.com
- For general questions about Family Ministry: Family Minister Kris Perkins, firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for our newsletter click here.
More Family Ministries
Union is a Christ-focused ministry for Park Street Church’s many young married and engaged couples. Union offers small groups, large group events and combined small group activities. For more information contact email@example.com.
Chemistry of Marriage
An 18-month program designed to keep our marriages at the forefront of our hearts and minds. The self-guided program includes opportunities to pair with mentoring couples. Download a brochure, or contact Minister to Women Chris May at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christian Education Current Offerings:
- Parenting - The Early Years (SEP 22 -DEC 8) for those with infants to 5 year olds, teaching and discussions with single-parent and two-parent families
- Honeymooners (SEP 22 -DEC 8) for couples in the first year of marriage to help them build a foundation to last a lifetime
- Complete listing and details on Christian Education page
Designed for children, who are in those "in between years," to encourage their growth in the Lord and friendships. Our Sunday AM and PM gatherings are for children in Grades 5 and 6. On Friday nights, our Tweens ministry expands to Grades 4 to 6. In addition to regular Friday night and Sunday morning meetings, Tweens ministry offers summer camp and seasonal outings. For more information, contact Children's Director Kristina Johnson at email@example.com.
Things we look forward to each year
A week-long summer program held in mid-July at Park Street Church for children ages three and up utilizing a fun theme and providing dynamic singing, teaching, crafts and recreational activities that help kids explore faith in Christ.
An unforgettable treat for the summer's end for all Park Street families, Family Camp offers five days and four nights of sheer relaxation, recreation, and spiritual celebration at a retreat center.
Spring-time retreat for married couples with directed discussion and unstructured fun, two nights away with plenty of time to to spend with other couples and alone with your spouse.
- Park Street Kids [Pre-school] at Park Street Church & Park Street School [Elementary] at 67 Brimmer St., Beacon Hill; find out more at: www.parkstreetschool.org
- Boston Trinity Academy [Grades 6 to 12] Hyde Park; more information at: www.bostontrinity.org
- Homeschool Group provides support, encouragment and econverstaions. To join the mailing list contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact: Kris Perkins
- ext. 403