Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2021
2021 Annual Meeting Candidates
This year’s Annual Meeting will take place on WED FEB 24. View the names and biographies of this year’s candidates here.
Emergency Relief Fund Update
The Emergency Relief Fund continues to support food pantries at our sister churches, provide materials for face masks, help workers engaged in homeless care, purchase groceries for families with a COVID-19 diagnosis, and supply our own food bank (which provides back-up to food pantries around the city). Join in the ongoing work of City Engagement and our partnerships to serve the city!
|Feb 1, 2021
Feb 2, 2021
|Boston Food Pantries|
Thank you for your generous giving!
Interns for Lighthouse Fellowship Church
Hi friends! A beautiful church revitalization work is being done in a neighborhood just outside of Boston. Lighthouse Fellowship Church is looking for interns who would appreciate living in a beautiful home and help take the church to the next level in a few areas of ministry. Contact Kimberley Morrison if you are interested and would like to learn more about this amazing opportunity!
Freelance videographer services wanted
Park Street Church is looking to contract with a videographer for various projects in the coming year:
- Two years of experience in video production. Proficient with editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro. Experience with additional programs such as Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, DaVinci Resolve etc. is a plus.
- Excellent skills in shooting, directing, editing, color grading. Graphic Design skills a plus. Able to collaborate with team members to brainstorm and conceptualize projects and translate ideas to the screen. Able to take a video project from pre-production all the way through final delivery. Working knowledge of a range of camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Experience uploading to and organizing videos on YouTube/Vimeo and other platforms. Experience working in live stream productions a plus.
Contact Mike Ahearn for more information or to apply.
Lenten Discipleship Institute 2021
Love and Life as a New Covenant Community
Throughout the season of Lent we invite all Park Street congregants to join a Lenten Discipleship Institute (LDI) small group as we consider together the promises extended to us by Jesus Christ. In the upper room discourse in John 13–17 as the Last Supper unfolds, Jesus established a new covenant people whose primary command is to love. Such love leads to flourishing life in the midst of a challenging world. Jesus extends to us amazing blessings and extraordinary promises as we live our our lives faithfully in response to the new covenant he has established with us. We will explore how such a life is lived out in the midst of a 2021 world.
LDI 2021 will run from February 21–March 28 meeting every Sunday. Registration and more details to come soon!
Communion Gathering | POSTPONED until FEB 14
We are excited to celebrate communion with you all during this COVID season! Due to the weather, FEB 7’s service has been postponed. Our next outdoor communion gathering will be SUN FEB 14, 1:30–2:00 PM.
(Please note: the exact location of the Milton/Canton site has moved to the other side of Houghton Pond)
- Please bring a chair or blanket to use for the duration of the service.
- Please the form below to register all of those who are older than 12 years (you do not need to register children under 12).
- Participants will wear masks and practice social distancing. If you show any signs or symptoms of COVID from 72 to 24 hours prior to the event, we request you refrain from attending.
- Occasionally we may need to cancel our outdoor communion services because of weather. If you would like to be notified that an outdoor communion service has been canceled, please register for that location by 12:30 PM on SUN FEB 14.
TUE, FEB 9 | 7:30–8:30 PM
On Fireside Chat next Tuesday, Mark Booker will be our featured speaker on the topic of love. This event will be appropriate for everyone, and will have planned stories from various people, though there will be no salon after (breaking from our usual custom). Expect a larger than normal, very sweet, inspirational and fun evening for the whole church! Please join us on Fireside Chat next week.
If you can still find your link from earlier Firesides, it will still work, but if not, click here to register and you will receive a personal email from Greg with your very own link. The Fireside is unique in that each person has their own, individual link for security purposes.
Park Street Church Warming Center
Park Street Church has opened a Warming Center. Neighbors are invited in for a 90-minute chance to get warm, eat a meal, charge their phone, and use the restroom. We also serve grab-and-go meals and hot drinks at the entrance to our church. We are seeking volunteers for the following:
- Make Sandwiches from Home and bring them to the church for our neighbors. SIGN UP
- Become an In-Person Volunteer: Contact Kimberley Morrison to sign up for a 2-hour shift on a Saturday.
We are excited about the new opportunities we have through the Warming Center to have conversations with our neighbors; pray for them; and build relationships. Last Saturday, we had folks honking their horns thanking us for this gift to our neighbors!
College Worship Communities
Sundays at 10:45 AM & 3:45 PM
Gather with fellow undergraduates as we stream church services together and then spend time in fellowship, reflection, and prayer. Join the morning community to stream the 11:00 AM (traditional) or the evening community to stream the 4:00 PM (contemporary). We hope to grow together in wisdom as we develop a deeper understanding of who God is on an intellectual and personal level. Students of all spiritual backgrounds are welcome! Contact Alexis.
ESL Language Partners
Park Street’s FOCUS ESL program needs more volunteers for the Language Partners program. We have 17 students this semester who have registered to be matched up with a language partner for one-on-one English conversation practice. The commitment is meeting once a week from now through April, day and time chosen by you and the student. If you are interested and/or know anyone who might be, please email Karen Patschke, Park Street’s ESL Coordinator.
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
This link will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation” (Psa 18:46);
- Be holy as the Lord God is holy (Lev 11:45);
- Owe no one anything, except to love each other (Rom 13:8);
- Seek and find, when you search for the Lord with all your heart (Jer 29:13).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missionaries, Andrew and Anne May, serving South Africa: God’s peace as they seek a diagnosis for their son Nathan’s developmental challenges;
- For our Elders: bless them with wisdom, patience, and courage in the directing of the church and the service of others,
- For our Staff: inspiration by Christ and God’s Spirit to lovingly care for the suffering, the friendless, and the needy;
- Sympathy and prayers for the family of Sharon Postma, whose brother William (Bill) Siek Postma, due to dementia, gently entered into the presence of our Heavenly Father on JAN 22;
- Peace, patience, and kindness for all seeking God in all things and weary in the pursuit of truth;
- Grace and stamina for volunteers serving and caring for the vulnerable in our communities;
- Mercy and help for all struggling with joblessness, facing eviction, or suffering from hunger, poverty, or poor health;
- Help and hope for all feeling lonely, fearful, trapped by addiction or crippled by worry;
- Divine guidance for the president and the work of the COVID Response Team as they work to mitigate the surge in the coronavirus.
Pray for Grace
- To cast off all wickedness, hatred, or malice;
- To seek God for clean hearts and renewing the right spirit in us;
- To reflect on all things true, honorable, just, and pure.