“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.“
1 Corinthians 12:27
We believe that God creates each person in his image and for his good purposes. Park Street Church strives to be a church that ministers to and with people of differing abilities and disabilities. Our focus is on unity in Christ, believing that the church is disabled without the presence and ministry of people with disabilities. Therefore, our desire is to integrate people with disabilities in all aspects of our Christian community whenever possible. We do understand that there are some needs that are best met in a separate setting, and we are committed to addressing individual needs to the best of our ability. Our hope is to equip those with and without disabilities to serve alongside each other, to the glory of God.
We currently offer:
- Volunteers to assist individuals with special needs during church services and activities.
- Support and training for volunteers.
- Events and Bible studies at a slower pace for adults (Friendship Bible Study).
- Volunteers to help those in wheelchairs attend worship services.
- Our historic building is mostly wheelchair-accessible. Download a campus map of accessible spaces.
- ASL interpretation at the evening service is currently on hiatus. If you would like live interpretation and/or streaming, please contact Heather Hutter. With advanced notice interpreters are still available.
- Pastoral questions or counseling, especially for family members of people with disabilities.