Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY JANUARY 24, 2021
Ask Now: Ministry Highlights
Each Sunday in January, a ministry will be hosting an “Ask Now” Zoom room. Stop by to say “hi,” meet new people, or find out more about getting involved in that ministry. Meetings will last approximately 30 minutes following the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
This Sunday, we will are featuring Grad and Undergrad Student Ministries. Come by to ask questions and learn about how you can be involved!
Ask Now schedule
January 24: Grad/Undergrad
Look for the “Ask Now” button at the bottom of the Announcements page
2021 Annual Meeting Candidates
Next year’s Annual Meeting will take place on WED FEB 24. View the names and biographies of this year’s candidates here.
Request for clothing donations
H.O.M.E ministry (Homeless outreach ministry and engagement) would like to request donations of clothing to be distributed to our neighbors in need. Specifically, we are seeking winter clothing (sizes M, L, and larger), such as sweaters, jackets, and boots. At this time, we are not interested in small sizes of men’s or women’s clothing. If you wish to donate, please mark them for “H.O.M.E.” and leave them at the front desk of the church during opening hours until the 5th of February. If you are unable to meet the FEB 5 deadline, volunteers will be available to collect donations for the rest of the season on Thursdays, 6:00–7:30 PM and Saturdays, 12:00–2:00 PM.
Thank you for caring for our neighbors in need!
Emergency Relief Fund Update
The Emergency Relief Fund continues to support food pantries at our sister churches, provide materials for face masks, help workers engaged in homeless care, purchase groceries for families with a COVID-19 diagnosis, and supply our own food bank (which provides back-up to food pantries around the city). Join in the ongoing work of City Engagement and our partnerships to serve the city!
|Jan 1, 2021
Jan 6, 2021
|Boston Food Pantries|
Thank you for your generous giving!
Lenten Discipleship Institute 2021
Promises, Promises, Promises
Love and Life as a New Covenant Community
Throughout the season of Lent we invite all Park Street congregants to join a Lenten Discipleship Institute (LDI) small group as we consider together the promises extended to us by Jesus Christ. In the upper room discourse in John 13–17 as the Last Supper unfolds, Jesus established a new covenant people whose primary command is to love. Such love leads to flourishing life in the midst of a challenging world. Jesus extends to us amazing blessings and extraordinary promises as we live our our lives faithfully in response to the new covenant he has established with us. We will explore how such a life is lived out in the midst of a 2021 world.
LDI 2021 will run from February 21–March 28 meeting every Sunday.
Park Street Church Warming Center
Saturdays, 8:00 AM–4:00 PM
Park Street Church has opened a Warming Center. Neighbors are invited in for a 90-minute chance to get warm, eat a meal, charge their phone, and use the restroom. We also serve grab-and-go meals and hot drinks at the entrance to our church. We are seeking volunteers for the following (click the links to sign up for each opportunity):
- Make sandwiches from home and bring them to the church for our neighbors. [ sign up to make sandwiches]
- Become an in-person volunteer (contact Kimberley Morrison to sign up for a 2-hour shift on a Saturday)
We are excited about the new opportunities we have through the Warming Center to have conversations with our neighbors, pray for them, and build relationships. Last Saturday, we had folks honking their horns thanking us for this gift to our neighbors!
Kang's and Tam's Care Team Meetings
Visit with our missionaries and their Missionary Care Teams to learn more about their ministries and to pray with them. Care Teams are an integral part of God’s work half-way around the world. Get to know our missionaries, encourage them, and support the work that they are doing through prayer. Contact the Missions Office for more information about Care Teams.
MON JAN 25, 8:00 PM – visit with the Kangs. Questions? Contact Mayumi Rideout, the Kang’s Care Team leader.
FRI JAN 29, 7:30 PM – visit with the Tams. Questions? Contact Robin Whitworth, the Tam’s Care Team leader.
Logos 2021 Workshop
MAY 31 – JUN 11, 2021
Offered by SCIO (Scholarship & Christianity in Oxford), and hosted by Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC Logos 2021 is an online workshop on museums, biblical texts, vocation, and the Christian mind.
The workshop is primarily intended for graduate students (including graduating seniors who will begin advanced studies in Autumn 2021) and Logos alumni who have completed their education. Applicants should be working in Biblical-related studies with a special focus on ancient texts and manuscripts, museum studies and education programes, history of the Bible, reception history, ancient languages, and related disciplines. Applicants should be considering a vocation in one of these academic fields.
Email [email protected] to apply. The application deadline is FEB 14.
College Worship Communities
Sundays at 10:45 AM & 3:45 PM
resuming JAN 24
Gather with fellow undergraduates as we stream church services together and then spend time in fellowship, reflection, and prayer. Join the morning community to stream the 11:00 AM (choir & organ) or the evening community to stream the 4:00 PM (Sunday Night Band). We hope to grow together in wisdom as we develop a deeper understanding of who God is on an intellectual and personal level. Students of all spiritual backgrounds are welcome!
Faith & Practice Classes: Winter 2021
Faith & Practice Classes are short-term opportunities to enter into interaction, discussion, and accountability with others who attend Park Street Church. Each focuses on an area of study and life application in order to foster spiritual growth. Content will be presented in different formats depending on the group, varying between reading, video and/or podcast assignments, Scripture study, and guest presenters. Significant time will be given to discussion and application as well as prayer. Each Faith & Practice Class will meet for a unique number of gatherings based on content and direction.
Classes have already begun, but you can still join and participate in all classes except for the New Members class.
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
This link will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well” (Psa 139:14);
- Remember the Lord our God (Eze 20:19);
- Love not in word or talk, but in deed and in love (1 Jn 3:18);
- Let us persevere under God’s chastening (Heb 12:7).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missionaries, Zane and Elisse Kang, pray for grace and patience as they wait for borders to open and begin serving the people of Japan;
- For our Elders: humility and unity as they seek to shepherd our church through a time of pandemic and transition;
- For our Deacons: divine strength, patience, and compassion while walking alongside our weary and vulnerable;
- For our Staff: relief, comfort, and peace as we draw near to God and take up the Lord’s yoke of steadfast love;
- God’s healing for the sick, and comfort for those who mourn;
- Strength and grace for weary medical personnel and essential workers;
- Hope and help for neighbors struggling with joblessness, facing eviction, or suffering from hunger, poverty, or poor health;
- Clarity, courage, and compassion for all in positions of authority with responsibility for leadership;
- Protection of our nation from all adversaries, foreign and domestic, as the new administration settles in;
- Reconciliation and healing between Americans deeply divided by partisanship.
Pray for Grace
- To take captive every worry, problem, or stress and surrender it to God;
- To serve the church and community with love and your God given gifts;
- To persevere in your efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.