Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY JANUARY 3, 2021
Ask Now: Ministry Highlights
Each Sunday in January, a ministry will be hosting an “Ask Now” Zoom room. Stop by to say “hi,” meet new people, or find out more about getting involved in that ministry. Meetings will last approximately 30 minutes following the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
This Sunday, we will are featuring City Engagement and the work they are doing around the city of Boston. Come by to ask questions and learn about their plans for the weeks to come!
Ask Now schedule
January 10: Small Groups
January 17: Family Ministry
January 24: Grad/Undergrad
Look for the “Ask Now” button at the bottom of the Announcements page
2021 Annual Meeting Candidates
Next year’s Annual Meeting will take place on WED FEB 24. View the names and biographies of this year’s candidates here.
Even though we are unable to meet in person, Woman’s Benevolent Society is still gathering on Zoom for prayer and fellowship. We remain grateful for your gifts of used Christmas Cards and postage stamps. You can bring cards and stamps to church, mail or drop them off, or just hang onto them until we are all together again! In the meantime, let us know if we can be praying for you.
(Note about stamps: When you cut the envelope around the stamp, please leave a large border on all sides.) Thank you!
"Love Thy Neighbor" Grocery Delivery
Faith & Practice Classes: Winter 2021
Faith & Practice Classes are short-term opportunities to enter into interaction, discussion, and accountability with others who attend Park Street Church. Each focuses on an area of study and life application in order to foster spiritual growth. Content will be presented in different formats depending on the group, varying between reading, video and/or podcast assignments, Scripture study, and guest presenters. Significant time will be given to discussion and application as well as prayer. Each Faith & Practice Class will meet for a unique number of gatherings based on content and direction.
Beginning in JAN, we will offer four classes, including a New Members class for those interested in becoming members of Park Street Church.
SUN JAN 3 | Communion Gathering
We are excited to celebrate communion with you all during this COVID season! Our next outdoor communion gathering will be SUN JAN 3, 1:30–2:00 PM.
- Please bring a chair or blanket to use for the duration of the service.
- Please the form below to register all of those who are older than 12 years (you do not need to register children under 12).
- Participants will wear masks and practice social distancing. If you show any signs or symptoms of COVID from 72 to 24 hours prior to the event, we request you refrain from attending.
- Occasionally we may need to cancel our outdoor communion services because of weather. If you would like to be notified that an outdoor communion service has been canceled, please register for that location by 12:30 PM on SUN JAN 3.
Separated or divorced? Find hope and healing at DivorceCare. Presented from a Christian perspective. New class starting Thursdays 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM January 14, 2021 to April 15, 2021 on ZOOM.
Write [email protected] to register and obtain ZOOM link.
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
Learn about missions firsthand in this extraordinary course. Perspectives is a 15-week course designed around four “perspectives” on missions – Biblical, Historical, Cultural, and Strategic. You will have 15 instructors with a breadth of global experience. The first two classes are free! Email [email protected] for more information.
This spring’s course offerings in New England are:
- Avon, CT – virtual and in-person on Tuesdays starting JAN 19
- Cranston, RI – virtual on Thursdays starting JAN 21
- Danvers, MA – virtual and in-person on Mondays starting JAN 25
SAT JAN 9, 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
The Global Professionals (GPs) of Park Street Church meet once a month. GPs are those who purposefully use their careers for the glory of God and advancement of the Gospel both in the United States and overseas. This year there will be nine virtual gatherings on Saturdays through MAY 2021, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The program will be undergirded by six Theology of Work topics based on the Bible and two books written by Tim Keller and Wayne Grudem. The topics that will be discussed are: God’s Plan for Work; Problems with Work; The Gospel of Work; Godly Benefits of Work; Biblical Elements of Work; and the Positive Impacts of Work on the World. We will hear updates from current GPs and our missionaries and occasional guests, who are using their careers for the spread of the Gospel.
Attendees may request to be assigned a mentor, providing personalized guidance and support for the Christian journey and the particulars of becoming a GP.
Contact David Rix to request the meeting link.
Introduction to Disciple-Making Movements
SAT JAN 9, 3:00–5:00 PM
Learn about Disciple-Making Movements (DMM), also known as Church-Planting Movements (CPM). DMM aims to catalyze God’s Kingdom disciples to make new, obedient disciples who then make new, obedient disciples, and so on. Such Kingdom movements of disciples making disciples and churches planting churches are taking place all around the world today, through ordinary people, many in some of the hardest to reach places. Can you dream of God starting such a movement in your city or neighborhood, not just in some distant land? Through you? Come and let us dream together! This introductory session will be followed by a 6-session (bi-weekly) workshop for those interested in pursuing further. Contact Carol at [email protected] for more information.
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
This link will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the godly!” (Psa 149:1);
- Set our hope on who and what is yet to come (Heb 12:2);
- Let us encourage and build up one another (1 Th 5:11);
- Aspire to goodness and fullness of the Spirit and faith (Acts 11:24).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missionaries, Andrew & Anne May serving in South Africa, sharing the love of Christ, in order to see broken lives made whole;
- For our Elders: wisdom in weighty deliberations of the board and grace in communicating decisions to the congregation;
- For our Staff: God’s favor in establishing and bringing to fulfillment all the works that God has called them to do;
- Thanksgivings to God who reconciles all things and makes all things new through Jesus Christ;
- Consolation for the brokenhearted, and solace with enduring faith in God for those grieving loss of various kinds;
- Hope and help for neighbors struggling with joblessness, facing eviction, or suffering from hunger, poverty, or poor health;
- Grace and stamina for volunteers serving and caring for the vulnerable in our communities;
- God’s help, focus, and determination for all in positions of authority with responsibility for leadership;
- Courage, strength, and emotional support for all serving on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Comfort, strength, and healing for the sick or recovering from iillness, trauma, or the coronavirus.
Pray for Grace
- To maintain focus on God and abide in his Word;
- To reflect on love, peace, and unity with family and community;
- To remain vigilant and mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus.