Life of the Church
SUNDAY MAY 31, 2020
In order for the leadership of Park Street Church to make a well-informed decision about the reopening process, we need to hear from you! We want to know what you think and how you feel about the possibility of reentering the sanctuary for corporate worship on a Sunday. Please take a few minutes today to fill out the survey if you have not already done so. It will help us tremendously as we prepare for our next significant discussion about this next Wednesday at the Board of Elder’s meeting.
Emergency Relief Fund
We are excited to announce Park Street Church’s new Emergency Relief Fund. This fund has been established to provide relief for those in our city who are suffering due to the effects of COVID-19.
The fund is the direct result of Park Street working alongside other communities of faith during this time as well as our efforts to help care for those in need. Separate from the other funds of PSC, this fund will be used to directly support other like-minded churches and their ministries that are suffering as a result of economic losses from COVID-19 as well as organizations that are meeting the needs of the most vulnerable. This fund will allow us to more deeply express the generosity of God and our solidarity with brothers and sisters in Christ in our city.
To support this fund, select “Emergency Relief Fund” from the drop-down list on our online giving platform.
Warning about phishing emails and scams
Recently there has been an uptick in emails from individuals posing as Mark Booker. These are usually from a Gmail address and say something like, “I need assistance from you, email me as soon as you can.” These scammers can be very convincing, especially since a recent imposter has been using Mark Booker’s official staff photo.
You can report fraudulent emails to Homeland Security here, or simply delete them. Park Street Church staff emails will always come from @parkstreet.org addresses, and will never solicit money. All money given to Park Street goes through www.parkstreet.org/giveonline.
Fireside Chats in June
Our elders are continuing to hold their Fireside Chats through the month of June, but will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings. With this new schedule, Mondays will be “Missionary Night,” Wednesdays will be “Interview Night,” and Fridays will be “Narnia Night.”
We encourage you to continue to take advantage of this platform as a way to connect and build relationships during this season of physical distance.
First Friday Prayer
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests (Ephesians 6:18)
FRI, JUN 5, 7:00–8:30 PM. The All-Church monthly prayer meeting will take place on the first Fridays of the month, and will be combined with the daily Fireside Chat. Please join us from 7:00–8:30 PM as we pray together as a church community for each other and the world.
MON JUN 1, 8:30 PM. Join us for a skill-enhancement webinar on how to engage in Gospel-centered conversations with family, friends, neighbors and colleagues. Whether you’ve been sharing the Gospel for years or haven’t yet felt comfortable turning a conversation to spiritual topics, there’s a place for you to connect and learn with us! We will be combining large group, case-study based learning with a team-based approach to share best practices. Contact Robyn Bunch with questions!
Collegiate Days of Summer
Teaching from Home
MONDAYS, JUN 1, 8 & 15
Teaching from home is difficult for parents, students, and even educators! Hear from a panel of PSC’s own professional educators as they offer compassion and encouragement, and share from their knowledge and experience. There will be time for questions and break-out groups. Open to all parents!
Small Group Resources
We believe that no one should be alone during these times of increased anxiety and physical isolation. If you find yourself on this journey without a support system, we desire to connect you with people who can walk beside you through virtual community. Please fill out this form and let us know how we can contact you.
Park Street Church staff and leaders are working to equip our small groups with resources to help them stay connected to each other’s spiritual, physical and social needs. If you have specific questions about your small group, please contact Pat Chen. Learn how to setup remote meetings.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- Praise the Lord who is a forgiving, gracious and compassionate God (Neh. 9:17);
- Testify to the grace you receive by faith (Rom. 10:10);
- Be a good friend, love without condition (Pro. 18:24);
- Remain steadfast and spiritually sober-minded (1 Pet. 1:13).
Pray for the People
- For missionaries near and far, God’s protection, support and blessing to live, preach and teach the gospel;
- For the Elders, heavenly wisdom on reopening and on shepherding the church during pandemic;
- For the Staff, God’s empowerment to enlighten the people with the light of the gospel;
- For teachers and students, God’s help to thrive through final projects and exams;
- For families, God’s grace for members to give space to one another;
- For those struggling with fear and anxiety, God’s peace of mind and fortitude in his Spirit;
- For those families who have lost loved ones, that their grief be comforted;
- For those volunteering and caring for the vulnerable in our communities, God’s compassion and endurance to serve and love;
- For all healthcare and front line workers, that God renews their energy and sustains them through long shifts.
Pray About the Pandemic
- Remove fear, anxiety and feelings of isolation for those infected with the coronavirus;
- Guide leaders to communicate and care well for their people during reopening;
- Mercy for all those who are furloughed or unemployed.