Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2020
Global Missions Conference
NOV 6-15 | 2020 Global Missions Conference
This year’s Global Missions Conference will be virtual! This presents many new and exciting opportunities to incorporate our missionaries around the world, but it also presents some challenges to those working in restricted countries. For this reason, we are requiring all participants to register for access to our secure Global Missions Conference website. Please follow the link at the bottom to request access!
Those participating in this years conference will have access to these and many other great events!
Concert of Prayer & Praise for Missions
FRI NOV 6, 7:00-9:00 PM. Join us as we gather virtually for this night of prayer to kick off our Global Missions Conference. We will hear from various missionaries around the globe and seek the Lord together in worship and prayer. This event is being held as a part of Park Street’s weekly Zoom prayer meetings.
What’s Your Perspective?
SUN NOV 8, 1:00-3:00 PM. Who does God call? Each of us! Come for an interactive discussion with Dave Shive, Missions Mobilizer at Frontier Ventures and Perspectives Instructor. Refresh your perspective and explore God’s global purpose.
MON-THU, NOV 9-12, 7:30 PM. Spend the evening visiting with our missionaries in their homes. Hear how their work helps to further the priorities of our missions program.
- MON NOV 9 — Reaching the Unreached
- TUE NOV 10 — God’s Word for the Bible-less
- WED NOV 11 — Equipping the Majority World Church
- THU NOV 12 — Christian Movements in the Muslim World
Daily Conference Devotionals begin TODAY
Sign-up to receive devotionals in your inbox every morning!
Love Boston: City Engagement
SAT NOV 7 | 12:00-2:00 PM Click here to register for NOV 7
THU NOV 12 | 5:30-7:30 PM Click here to register for NOV 12
SAT NOV 14 | 12:00-2:00 PM Click here to register for NOV 14
(You must register 4 days prior to each event.)
H.O.M.E. (Homeless Outreach Ministry and Engagement), formerly “TNO,” invites you to share God’s love in practical ways on the Boston Common.
Join us in preparing and packaging a hot meal, then distribute them outside the church. In addition, we will be packaging and distributing socks and underwear, and toiletries for men and women.
The maximum number of volunteers for this project is 7 people on each day. Children are welcome, but we cannot exceed a total of 10 guests due to COVID-19 precautions. Masks are required, as are gloves when preparing food. We practice frequent hand washing and 6-feet distancing as much as possible.
You must have a Realm account in order to participate in these Love Boston events. Please email [email protected] if you do not have one.
If you have questions about this project, feel free to contact [email protected].
A brief COVID-19 screening questionnaire will be sent to you 1-2 days in advance of the project. If you or those in your household have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you have a heart condition, weakened immune system, or other health factors that would place you or members of your household at an increased risk for infection, do not register at this time.
A Note about Conference Security
Why do I have to sign in? Why can I not find a link to the Conference on the Park Street website? Elizabeth Lohnes answers some of these questions in this quick video:
If you have any difficulty, questions, or concerns, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you!
Job Opening: Part-time Ministries Assistant
The Ministries Administrative Assistant (MAA) will serve as the primary administrative support for the Senior Minister and other ministers as needed and as time allows. This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk) position.
TODAY | Communion Gathering
We are excited to celebrate communion with you all during this COVID season! Our next outdoor communion gathering will be SUN NOV 1, 1:30–2:00 PM.
- Please bring a chair or blanket to use for the duration of the service.
- Each location will be capped at 50 people (defined as adults and those older than 12 years). Use the form below to register all of those who are older than 12 years (you do not need to register children under 12).
- Participants will wear masks and practice social distancing. If you show any signs or symptoms of COVID from 72 to 24 hours prior to the event, we request you refrain from attending.
MON NOV 2 | Gospel Conversations: Sharing our Stories
NOV 2, NOV 9 | 8:30–9:30 PM
How do we witness the gospel of Christ to each other—and see the work of God in our own lives? One of the most life-giving exercises we can do as Christians is to reflect on how the story of Jesus Christ has changed our own life-story. This spiritual discipline deepens our understanding of the gospel and helps us craft a reason for our faith that may be the most natural, personal, and compelling gospel witness that we will ever share with another person. Join us for a four-session workshop as we learn how to share our testimonies. We’ll have opportunities to learn, practice, ask questions, and hear each other’s stories about the grace and power of God. Email Amy with questions!
Racial Justice & Reconciliation Ministry
On July 1, 2020, the Board of Elders for Park Street Church voted to form a ministry team to develop a ministry of racial justice and racial reconciliation. The team is comprised of elders, staff, and members of the church.
We invite you to learn about the team goals and members. We also encourage you sign up for their prayer list, where you will receive regular updates on prayer requests relating to their work. Visit the link below to update your newsletter preferences to include “Racial Justice & Reconciliation Prayer List.”
Undergarment Drive for BHCHP
Please join us this week in providing Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) with much-needed funds for undergarments for patients. These undergarments are especially important as the winter season approaches! Donate funds, or purchase donations through Amazon. Contact Kelsey Waddill for more details. Physical donations are not being accepted at this time. Thank you!
John Collins Warren Good Neighbor Event on YouTube
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
These links will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!” (Psa 95:6);
- Believe and be healed (Mk 10:52);
- Love in action and truth (1 Jn 3:18);
- Examine and test our ways (Lam 3:40).
Pray for the People
- For our virtual Global Missions Conference: deepening faith, conviction, and leading by God’s spirit for all participating in the conference;
- For our Elders: blessing and deepening of relationships on the board while making challenging decisions;
- For our Deacons: strength, patience, and compassion while walking alongside our vulnerable;
- For our Staff: grace and creativity in caring for the congregation and leading of worship through virtual and in-person services;
- For voters: comfort from God’s presence, sovereignty, and his peace that passes understanding;
- For political candidates: good health, reverence for God, and grace to accept election outcomes;
- For the nation: provisions for its strength, resilience, and unity under God and by his ways;
- For front line workers: confidence in Christ to abide in the good works God has prepared for them;
- For healthcare professionals: extraordinary help to meet unprecedented physical, emotional and spiritual demands;
- For the sick or recovering from Covid-19: God’s comfort, strength and healing;
- For the dying: comforting awareness of God’s presence and assurance of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ;
- For those grieving loss of various kinds: comfort from trusting God with what has happened and all yet to come;
- Care and support for those struggling with isolation, anxiety or feelings of helplessness;
- Protection from trauma for children struggling to make sense of the pandemic and its impact on family life and learning.
Pray for Grace
- To pursue love among all believers across our communities;
- To mute the din of partisanship but mind God’s call to compassion;
- To make a difference in our circumstances not by might nor by power, but by the Spirit of the Living God.