Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY OCTOBER 25, 2020
Emergency Relief Fund Update
The Emergency Relief Fund continues to support food pantries at our sister churches, provide materials for face masks, help workers engaged in homeless care, purchase groceries for families with a COVID-19 diagnosis, and supply our own food bank (which provides back-up to food pantries around the city). Join in the ongoing work of City Engagement and our partnerships to serve the city!
|Oct 1, 2020
Oct 21, 2020
|Boston Food Pantries|
Thank you for your generous giving!
Job Opening: Part-time Ministries Assistant
The Ministries Administrative Assistant (MAA) will serve as the primary administrative support for the Senior Minister and other ministers as needed and as time allows. This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk) position.
MON OCT 26 | Gospel Conversations: Sharing our Stories
OCT 26, NOV 2, NOV 9 | 8:30–9:30 PM
How do we witness the gospel of Christ to each other—and see the work of God in our own lives? One of the most life-giving exercises we can do as Christians is to reflect on how the story of Jesus Christ has changed our own life-story. This spiritual discipline deepens our understanding of the gospel and helps us craft a reason for our faith that may be the most natural, personal, and compelling gospel witness that we will ever share with another person. Join us for a four-session workshop as we learn how to share our testimonies. We’ll have opportunities to learn, practice, ask questions, and hear each other’s stories about the grace and power of God. Email Amy with questions!
THU OCT 29 | Dual Citizenship, Perspectives on Political Engagement
THU OCT 29, 7:00–9:00 PM via Zoom
Christians hold simultaneous citizenship in the City of God and the city of man. How are we as Christians to faithfully follow Christ and engage as fellow citizens in a deeply polarizing and partisan America? What should be our Christian priorities in this divisive political climate? Join Mark Booker and Michael Balboni as they discuss pastoral perspectives on Christian civic and political engagement. There will be time for questions and interaction as well.
SUN NOV 1 | Communion Gathering
We are excited to celebrate communion with you all during this COVID season! Our next outdoor communion gathering will be SUN NOV 1, 1:30–2:00 PM.
- Please bring a chair or blanket to use for the duration of the service.
- Each location will be capped at 50 people (defined as adults and those older than 12 years). Use the form below to register all of those who are older than 12 years (you do not need to register children under 12).
- Participants will wear masks and practice social distancing. If you show any signs or symptoms of COVID from 72 to 24 hours prior to the event, we request you refrain from attending.
NOV 6-15 | 2020 Global Missions Conference
Limited access to the Global Missions Conference website is now live! Explore the schedule and speaker bios; access to the full conference—including daily devotionals—rolls out beginning NOV 1. Request access now so you don’t miss anything!
Please note that many Park Street missionaries are working in restricted access countries. To ensure their safety, we are taking extra precautions to make the website secure, including requiring pre-registration. Thank you for understanding!
As we prepare for the conference, please pray:
- for Dr. Scott Sunquist, President of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, who will be our guest speaker.
- for our staff and Missions Committee as they navigate new complexities and technical challenges involved in this first ever virtual conference.
- for our missionaries who will share with us how Christ’s love compels them in missions.
- that the Lord will work powerfully in our lives individually and as a church body, and that Christ’s love would indeed compel us to live for Him and to be a witness of Him both here in Boston and to the ends of the earth!
Undergarment Drive for BHCHP
Please join us this week in providing Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program (BHCHP) with much-needed funds for undergarments for patients. These undergarments are especially important as the winter season approaches! Donate funds, or purchase donations through Amazon. Contact Kelsey Waddill for more details. Physical donations are not being accepted at this time. Thank you!
John Collins Warren Good Neighbor Event on YouTube
Racial Justice & Reconciliation Ministry
On July 1, 2020, the Board of Elders for Park Street Church voted to form a ministry team to develop a ministry of racial justice and racial reconciliation. The team is comprised of elders, staff, and members of the church.
We invite you to learn about the team goals and members. We also encourage you sign up for their prayer list, where you will receive regular updates on prayer requests relating to their work. Visit the link below to update your newsletter preferences to include “Racial Justice & Reconciliation Prayer List.”
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
These links will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice” (Psa 97:1);
- Persevere in doing good (Gal 6:9);
- Bear with one another and forgive (Col 3:13);
- Lift and fix your eyes on Jesus (Heb 12:2).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missions Conference: grace for us to hear the Lord above all and share how Christ’s love compels us;
- For our Elders: to follow God’s lead in shepherding the church in the midst of worldly voices, pressures, and forces;
- For our Nominating Committee: grace to discern those God is preparing to serve as elders of our church;
- For our Staff: protection from distraction, discouragement, or doubt as each loves and cares for members of our community;
- For parents: wisdom to guide and assure anxious children who are frustrated by a return to remote learning;
- For weary caregivers: courage and grace to strengthen the weak and uplift the discouraged;
- Help and encouragement for those isolated and struggling with feelings of loneliness and helplessness;
- Courage to face our fears and feelings, and God’s grace to make enduring change;
- Hope for those struggling in marriage and family, and courage to reconcile by God’s grace.
Pray for Grace
- To follow in the way of Jesus with love and humility;
- To hear the cries and see the plight of my neighbor;
- To spur one another toward love and good deeds.