Life of the Church
SUNDAY MAY 1, 2022
Christian Formation Classes
The Book of Acts: 9:45 AM, Common Room
Ezekiel: Prophet in Exile: resuming SUN MAY 1, 9:45 AM, Granary Room
Healing Prayer Seminar: beginning SUN MAY 8, 15, & 22, 9:45 AM & 5:30 PM, | Fellowship Hall (see description of this class below)
Christian Formation: Healing Prayer
SUN, MAY 8, 15 & 22, 9:45 AM & 5:30 PM | Fellowship Hall
Taught by Dr. Michael Balboni & Dr. John Knight
What does the Bible tell us about wholeness, healing, and prayer? Are you or someone you care about in need of healing, a cure, or a miracle from the Lord? Do “signs and wonders” occur today as they did in the early church? This three-week seminar will explore these questions and more, based on the bio-psycho-social-spiritual model of wholeness and health. We will review what the Bible says about the relationship between faith and healing and consider how modern medicine and prayer can work synergistically to restore us to health. Each session will include time for personal sharing and healing prayer. Come to be healed. Come to grow in effective, fervent prayer for the healing of others.
Both in-person and virtual options are available. Registration is required to receive the Zoom link.
Second Sunday Meals
Next meal is SUN MAY 8
Stay after the service and get to know someone in our community better by sharing a conversation and a meal. We look forward to seeing you there!
Congratulations to Our Graduates!
Please join us in congratulating these college and graduate students from the graduating class of 2022!
- Victoria Barral, Berklee College of Music, Professional Music
- Terryn Brunelle, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Computer Science
- Karena Chou, Berklee College of Music, Music Production
- Doreen Hsu, Emerson College
- Emilio Karakey, Vanderbilt University, Economics
- Rebekah Novinger, Berklee College of Music, Composition and Film Scoring
- Ryan O’Neal, Berklee College of Music
- Josh Park, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Biological Engineering
- Peter Rowley, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Math and Computer Science
- Emma Sass, University of Chicago, Biological Sciences
- Andrew Shield, New England Conservatory, Jazz Performance
- Jimena Unzueta, Northeastern University, Psychology
- Ana Yee, Harvard College, History of Science
- Jonathan Cahill, Boston College, PhD, Theological Ethics
- Sein Dokubo, Suffolk University, MBA
- Samuel Ghilardi, Boston University, PhD, Biomedical Engineering
- Ruth Kause, Boston University, Theology
- Clara Laurentia Liera, Longy School of Music, MM, Piano Performance
- Laki Luo, Bentley University, MA, Accounting Analytics
- Helen Park, Boston University Law School
- Jane Hsu White, Suffolk University Law School, J.D. Intellectual Property
WBS Needs Your Stamps and Used Christmas Cards!
Woman’s Benevolent Society (WBS) sorts and trims canceled postage stamps, then sends them to retirees in Florida who sell them to wholesalers. The revenue is used to publish Sunday School materials in Spanish. WBS also cuts used Christmas cards into ornaments for Child Evangelism Fellowship to give to children at their annual Birthday Party for Jesus.
Please drop your cards and stamps into the box in the Ockenga Lobby. Thanks!
All-Church Prayer: May Schedule
- FRI, MAY 6, 7:30–9:00 PM: In-person at Park Street and virtual via Zoom
- SAT, MAY 14, 8:30-9:30 AM: via Zoom
- FRI, MAY 20, 7:30–9:00 PM: In-person at Park Street and virtual via Zoom
- SAT, MAY 28, 8:30-9:30 AM: Led by Park Street Missions via Zoom
Email Michael Balboni with any other questions or comments.
Kidsweek 2022: Treasured
JUL 11–15 | Register by SUN, JUN 12
Embark on an ancient quest through hidden ruins, ancient caves, and dense jungles. At Treasured VBS, kids dig into action-packed, faith-filled adventures. They’ll discover that God’s greatest treasure isn’t diamonds, gems, or gold–it’s them!
Children will enjoy venues which include large group singing with a live band, immersive Bible story experiences, fun large group games, life–changing missions discussions, engaging crafts, and yummy snacks each day.
Please join us JUL 11–15, 2022 for Kidsweek Treasured. All children ages 3 through entering 7th grade are welcome to come! Invite a friend and have an amazing week experiencing God through singing, tasting, hearing, acting, and seeing.
The registration cost is $65 per child (preschool through elementary). Tweens are $125. The registration cost includes a T-shirt for each child or tween, one music CD or download for each family, and special activities for tweens.
Scholarships are available and can be requested at the end of the registration process.
Registration closes SUN, JUN 12.
Recovery of Brokenness Group
We are all broken and fall short of what God created us to be. However, PSC believes that the church should be a safe and open environment for all of us regardless of our current difficulties. Specifically, if you would like to learn more about promoting the recovery of men, women and children struggling with sexual addiction please contact Doug May (Elder) [email protected].
Director of Facilities Management
Park Street Church is looking for qualified applicants for the Director of Facilities Management. This position is responsible for managing Park Street’s downtown properties, as well as overseeing the stewardship of the Wilson House campus in Cambridge, MA, and the operational infrastructure (mechanical, electrical, security, HVAC, technological, etc.) of these critical assets. The position is also responsible for safety and security of the church’s properties and the church’s technology footprint and its efficient and secure operation.
Please send applications to [email protected].
Details about these and other opportunities can be found on our jobs page!