Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 21, 2021
2021 Annual Meeting Registration and Details
WED FEB 24, 7:00–8:30 PM (Zoom opens at 6:30 PM)
We are looking forward to participating with all of you in this year’s Annual Meeting! Given the COVID-19 environment, almost all those attending the Annual Meeting will attend over Zoom. Only Park Street Church active members who are on Zoom or present in-person will be allowed to vote. In order to attend over Zoom please register through Realm. If you do not have a Realm account, you may email [email protected] and ask the church office to register you for the Annual Meeting. You must register for the Annual Meeting in advance in order to receive the Zoom link for the meeting, which will be sent out at 5:00PM on TUE FEB 23—the day before the meeting.
The Zoom meeting will “open” on Wednesday at 6:30 PM in order to have time to take attendance. Those who attend over Zoom will be sent a secure, individualized ballot by email for voting during the meeting.
If you believe you should be present in-person for the Annual Meeting, please email Mike Ahearn, or call the church office at 857-263-5702, and leave a message containing your contact information for him.
View the names and biographies of this year’s candidates here.
Job Opening: Director of Communications
The Director of Communications is responsible for directing and managing the production of communications media of all kinds: website, social media, video media, podcast material, and printed material. To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé, and portfolio to Mike Ahearn.
New Podcast! Park Street Dialogues
Park Street Dialogues is a podcast that seeks to connect followers of Jesus in Boston and beyond so that we might do more together than we can apart. In this podcast, Mark Booker will introduce us to the broad and diverse church here in Boston by engaging in conversations with followers of Jesus who are doing compelling things in the city.
Freelance videographer services wanted
Park Street Church is looking to contract with a videographer for various projects in the coming year:
- Two years of experience in video production. Proficient with editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro. Experience with additional programs such as Photoshop, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, DaVinci Resolve etc. is a plus.
- Excellent skills in shooting, directing, editing, color grading. Graphic Design skills a plus. Able to collaborate with team members to brainstorm and conceptualize projects and translate ideas to the screen. Able to take a video project from pre-production all the way through final delivery. Working knowledge of a range of camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Experience uploading to and organizing videos on YouTube/Vimeo and other platforms. Experience working in live stream productions a plus.
Contact Mike Ahearn for more information or to apply.
Interns for Lighthouse Fellowship Church
Hi friends! A beautiful church revitalization work is being done in a neighborhood just outside of Boston. Lighthouse Fellowship Church is looking for interns who would appreciate living in a beautiful home and help take the church to the next level in a few areas of ministry. Contact Kimberley Morrison if you are interested and would like to learn more about this amazing opportunity!
Emergency Relief Fund Update
The Emergency Relief Fund continues to support food pantries at our sister churches, provide materials for face masks, help workers engaged in homeless care, purchase groceries for families with a COVID-19 diagnosis, and supply our own food bank (which provides back-up to food pantries around the city). Join in the ongoing work of City Engagement and our partnerships to serve the city!
|Feb 1, 2021
Feb 17, 2021
|Boston Food Pantries|
Thank you for your generous giving!
Midday Lenten Services
Join us on Wednesdays from 12:15–12:45 PM for a short virtual service from the Park Street Sanctuary on your lunch break to celebrate the Lenten season, as we reflect and prepare for Easter. Services include special music, Scripture readings, a short meditation and prayer.
Daily Morning Prayer
During the season of Lent, consider digging deeper into the faith by joining Morning Prayer, which runs 8:30-9:00 weekdays on Zoom. Start the day off with our God and his people:
- It’s comprehensive, including prayers of confession, supplication, thanksgiving, and praise.
- It’s a Bible reading plan! We read through the Psalms every 2 months, the New Testament over the year, and the Old Testament over 2 years.
- It’s personal. We offer our own prayers with the group as part of each day’s liturgy.
- It’s flexible. RSVP or registration not required. Join us when you can. Keep up with the scripture readings on the weekends if you wish, using the provided web app.
Trauma Healing Group
Park Street Church is piloting an initiative to understand what it means to be a trauma-informed church—both for individuals in their own journeys of loss, grief or trauma, but also in regard to how congregants support and care for each other and others in the surrounding community. The “entry point” for that learning are Trauma Healing Groups that utilize a curriculum developed by the Trauma Healing Institute and the American Bible Society. PSC’s second trauma healing group begins Thursday, February 25th. It will run for 6 sessions from 7:30 to 9:30 PM. If you are interested in participating or want to learn more about the initiative and/or future opportunities please contact Dana Baker, the Director of Boston Trauma Healing Collaborative.
4th Trimester Moms Gathering
Please join Lisa Crawford (leader of 4th Trimester), Chris May (Minister to Women), and Stephanie Verrengia (Nursery Director), Saturday, March 13th at 1:00 pm for a new-moms virtual gathering. This is a time for 1st-time moms and moms who have added to their families to gather and get to know one another. We would love for our moms community to get to know one another, share with one another, and become a community for one another through this meeting. If you would like to join, please register at the link below and a zoom link will be sent to you.
Park Street Church Warming Center
Park Street Church has opened a Warming Center. Neighbors are invited in for a 90-minute chance to get warm, eat a meal, charge their phone, and use the restroom. We also serve grab-and-go meals and hot drinks at the entrance to our church. We are seeking volunteers for the following:
- Make Sandwiches from Home and bring them to the church for our neighbors. SIGN UP
- Become an In-Person Volunteer: Contact Kimberley Morrison to sign up for a 2-hour shift on a Saturday.
We are excited about the new opportunities we have through the Warming Center to have conversations with our neighbors; pray for them; and build relationships. Last Saturday, we had folks honking their horns thanking us for this gift to our neighbors!
ESL Language Partners
Park Street’s FOCUS ESL program needs more volunteers for the Language Partners program. We have 17 students this semester who have registered to be matched up with a language partner for one-on-one English conversation practice. The commitment is meeting once a week from now through April, day and time chosen by you and the student. If you are interested and/or know anyone who might be, please email Karen Patschke, Park Street’s ESL Coordinator.
College Ministry House Room Openings
Park Street’s College ministry house (“Wilson House”), located in Harvard Square, currently has residential openings. Twenty-somethings with a heart for undergrad ministry are encouraged to apply! Six volunteer hours per week are required. Contact Abigail for an application.
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
This link will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory!” (Psa 24:10);
- Take courage in the Lord who says: “Do not fear, only believe” (Mk 5:36);
- Bear with one another in the bond of peace (Eph 4:3);
- Rejoice through trials in God’s sufficiency (Jas 1:2).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missionaries: wisdom for Jim Z. and two translation teams in the Middle East and the Balkans as they work on translating various New Testament books;
- For our Elders: deepening of the prayer lives of the elders, preparation and anointing of incoming elders in the wisdom and strength of God to shepherd our congregation, and protection of elders and their families from the spiritual forces of evil;
- For our Deacons: patience, perseverance, and understanding as they care for members of our community;
- For our Staff: God’s watchful care, guidance, and provision throughout significant transition across our ministries;
- Comfort and peace for the despondent and brokenhearted;
- Understanding and direction for the confounded and distressed;
- Justice and advocacy for the exploited and marginalized;
- Mercy and assistance for the jobless, homeless, or hungry;
- Grace and strength for the sick and weary;
- Compassion and courage for all in positions of authority with responsibility for leadership;
- Provision for the just and effective distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Pray for Grace
- To solemnly acknowledge human diversity as God’s expression of manifold love for his creation;
- To humbly walk with God as ambassadors of justice, kindness, and mercy;
- To eagerly partake of God’s mercy as daily bread, fresh and new every morning.