Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2020
Global Missions Conference
NOV 6-15 | 2020 Global Missions Conference
This year’s Global Missions Conference has been virtual! We have had a great time incorporating our missionaries around the world, but it has also presented some challenges to those working in restricted countries. For this reason, we are requiring all participants to register for access to our secure Global Missions Conference website. Please follow the link at the bottom to request access!
Singing to begin at 8:30 AM In-Person Services
Beginning SUN NOV 22, we will begin singing together during the 8:30 AM in-person worship service. We will sing two songs (with masks on), one after the sermon and one at the end of the service. Additionally, the liturgy for these services will begin to reflect the liturgy that is typically done at the 11:00 AM service.
We are encouraged that many churches around Boston have been singing for some time while following protocols, and have done so largely without incident. At the same time, our Medical Task Force does evaluate in-person singing at a worship service a high-risk activity. For that reason, if you are in a high-risk category, we do discourage you from joining us at these services, and instead encourage you to engage with us via our online services at 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Pre-registration is required for all 8:30 AM services.
Advent 2020 Daily Devotionals
Sign up to receive advent devotionals starting NOV 29, the first Sunday of Advent. Devotionals will also be posted on the Park Street website.
Job Opening: Part-time Ministries Assistant
The Ministries Administrative Assistant (MAA) will serve as the primary administrative support for the Senior Minister and other ministers as needed and as time allows. This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk) position.
Meet & Greet the Bookers
Mark and Mandy would like to meet and talk with their Park Street community in a safe way. To do this, they are hosting two one-hour receptions on SUN, NOV 22 (9:45 AM & 1:00 PM) and two one-hour receptions on SUN, DEC 13 (9:45 AM & 1:00 PM). You must register to attend the reception which may have up to 20 persons in attendance and will be held in a partitioned portion of the Welcome Center. Children are welcome! The Bookers look forward to meeting and talking with you.
To help provide the safest environment possible, masks must be worn, and we’ll observe social distancing. If you register you will be sent a link on Saturday afternoon before the event to complete a COVID-19 healthcare screening questionnaire. You may complete the questionnaire after receiving it on Saturday afternoon.
If you do not have a Realm account, please email [email protected], and we will provide you with one!
PSC Family Christmas Extravaganza
FRI DEC 18, 7:00–9:00 PM
Come join us for some Christmas cheer as we celebrate the birth of our Lord together. Every kid/tween/teen who registers will receive a gift delivered with some special presents. This year, the event will be a live Zoom event, complete with a production put on by our youth, some carols on the organ and youth band, games, and crafts. Pastors Kimberley, Kris, Damian, and Mark will be sharing a few words as we light the Advent wreath. There is a suggested donation of $10 for the event.
If you can’t make a donation at this time, use the code CHRISTMAS10. Registration closes DEC 4.
Questions? Contact Adam Herndon
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
These links will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him” (Psa 98:1);
- Trust Christ alone for salvation (1 Cor 15:2);
- Encourage one another (1 Th 4:18);
- Persevere in doing good (2 Th 3:13).
Pray for the People
- For all involved in our virtual Global Missions Conference: increasing reliance on God, boldness in prayer, creativity, and commitment to sending missionaries;
- For our Elders: heavenly blessing and discernment as the board of elders follow God’s lead in shepherding the church in unity;
- For our Deacons: insight, compassion, and grace in their service to members of our church community;
- For our Staff: patience, tenderness, and love in the care of God’s people;
- For healthcare professionals: divine protection, sustaining grace, and enduring peace in Christ;
- Comfort for the brokenhearted, and solace for those who are mourning;
- Wisdom for parents and caregivers of students with uncertain or changing situations and schedules;
- Emotional and physical wellbeing among educational administrators, faculty and staff;
- Encouragement, care, and support for those struggling with isolation, or feelings of anxiety or helplessness;
- Hope for those struggling in marriage and family, and courage to reconcile by God’s help;
- Relief and help for business owners, employers, and all seeking employment.
Pray for Grace
- To stop the spread of the novel coronavirus;
- To support and seek the welfare of our leaders;
- To work together to protect and strengthen our communities.