Life of the Church and Prayer & Praise
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2020
Welcome to New Members!
If you have not already become a member of Park Street Church, we encourage you to consider doing so, especially if you already consider Park Street to be your church home.
As a congregational church, Park Street relies upon its membership, who own the building and make all its decisions. This happens every February during our Annual Meeting, to which all are welcome to attend.
We run our membership classes as seven-week small groups. This gives you the opportunity to get to know fellow new members, as well as the minister who teaches the class. The next set of classes will be announced soon!
Global Missions: I Commit!
Singing to begin at 8:30 AM In-Person Services
Beginning today, we will begin singing together during the 8:30 AM in-person worship service. We will sing two songs (with masks on), one after the sermon and one at the end of the service. Additionally, the liturgy for these services will begin to reflect the liturgy that is typically done at the 11:00 AM service.
We are encouraged that many churches around Boston have been singing for some time while following protocols, and have done so largely without incident. At the same time, our Medical Task Force does evaluate in-person singing at a worship service a high-risk activity. For that reason, if you are in a high-risk category, we do discourage you from joining us at these services, and instead encourage you to engage with us via our online services at 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Pre-registration is required for all 8:30 AM services.
Advent 2020 Daily Devotionals
Sign up to receive advent devotionals starting NOV 29, the first Sunday of Advent. Devotionals will also be posted on the Park Street website.
Meet & Greet the Bookers
Mark and Mandy would like to meet and talk with their Park Street community in a safe way. To do this, they are hosting two one-hour receptions on SUN, NOV 22 (9:45 AM & 1:00 PM) and two one-hour receptions on SUN, DEC 13 (9:45 AM & 1:00 PM). You must register to attend the reception which may have up to 20 persons in attendance and will be held in a partitioned portion of the Welcome Center. Children are welcome! The Bookers look forward to meeting and talking with you.
To help provide the safest environment possible, masks must be worn, and we’ll observe social distancing. If you register you will be sent a link on Saturday afternoon before the event to complete a COVID-19 healthcare screening questionnaire. You may complete the questionnaire after receiving it on Saturday afternoon.
If you do not have a Realm account, please email [email protected], and we will provide you with one!
PSC Family Christmas Extravaganza
FRI DEC 18, 7:00–9:00 PM
Come join us for some Christmas cheer as we celebrate the birth of our Lord together. Every kid/tween/teen who registers will receive a gift delivered with some special presents. This year, the event will be a live Zoom event, complete with a production put on by our youth, some carols on the organ and youth band, games, and crafts. Pastors Kimberley, Kris, Damian, and Mark will be sharing a few words as we light the Advent wreath. There is a suggested donation of $10 for the event.
If you can’t make a donation at this time, use the code CHRISTMAS10. Registration closes DEC 4.
Questions? Contact Adam Herndon
DivorceCare: Surviving the Holidays
SAT DEC 12, 9:45 am–12:00 noon on ZOOM. If you are separated or divorced the holidays can be a lonely time. Join us for Surviving the Holidays and learn how to enjoy the holidays again.
A Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols
SUN DEC 13, 7:00 PM. Our traditional service of Nine Lessons and Carols retells the story of humanity’s redemption in scripture and song, from the fall of man to the birth of the Messiah. The service will be streamed from our sanctuary, with live music by members of the Sanctuary Choir and the Park Street Orchestra.
Christmas Eve Service
THU DEC 24, 5:00 PM. Our traditional service for the Eve of Christ’s Nativity, streamed live from the sanctuary. Sermon by Mark Booker. Christmas hymns and carols led by choir and brass. Prelude begins at 4:45.
Details about these and other events can be found on the events page!
Live over Zoom after each service:
This link will be live immediately after the 11:00 AM and 4:00 PM services.
Prayer & Praise
Pray for the Congregation
- “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!” (Psa 118:29);
- Treasure up and ponder things of the Lord (Luke 2:19);
- Welcome one another, as Christ welcomed you (Rom 15:6);
- What ever you do, do it all for the glory of God (1 Cor 10:31).
Pray for the People
- For our Global Missionaries, each in their own context: joy in learning the language and culture of the peoples they love and to whom they share the hope of Christ;
- For our Elders: blessing and discernment as they contemplate various ways to strengthen community;
- For our Nominating Committee: strength and perseverance as they prepare a slate future leaders for our congregation;
- For our Staff: spiritual refreshment and renewal for joyful service and loving care of the congregation;
- For the Congregation: the Lord’s preservation for travelers, protection from all dangers, lament for the trials of COVID, and safety through to every journey’s end;
- Thanksgiving for vaccine breakthroughs, prayer for all healthcare and frontline workers to receive divine help and encouragement to meet extraordinary physical, emotional and spiritual needs;
- Encouragement from God and fortitude by his Holy Spirit for all struggling with fear, anxiety, or discouragement;
- Help, guidance, and courage for spouses working to be reconciled and restored in their marriage;
- Mercy, grace, and help from surprising places for all looking for work, struggling with rent, or providing food for their families;
- Consolation and comfort for those impacted by the pandemic and grieving loss of many kinds.
Pray for Grace
- To discern the voice of God amidst the noise of the world;
- To see others as God sees us;
- To set aside worldly ways to follow the Way of Christ.